Empties (june 2017)



        I don't know about you but I just love watching empties video of what other people used to the last drop... Am I weird? I think it's just curiosity because people doing that kind of video/blogpost always comment on why they liked or didn't like the product they're showing.
        First up is the Serozinc - zinc sulfate solution from La Roche-Posay which is a facial mist that you can use morning and/or evening to help your skin if you have problem/acne prone skin or oily skin. It's made from water, sodium chloride and zinc sulfate which are good ingrédients to soothe irritations. It's also a good product to help you kill any germs or bacteria that can appear over night.


       
         Then, I made my way through quite a few products from The Body Shop. To be honest I always have at least one product from The Body Shop open somewhere for me to use. For body care, I finally used up my Virgin Mojito sorbet that I bought two years ago (it was the summer scent from 2015 if I remember correctly). It was a nice body moisturiser for summer because it's not thick like other body moisturiser can be but it does hydrate your skin. It takes a good few minutes to sink in properly, so don't be in a rush to put on your jeans afterwards but it smells so good!! Then I also used up a travel size of the Pinita Colada from last year summer collection. I have 3 more of these as back ups, that's how good I think this product is. It smells absolutely delicious, like pineapple, coconut and summer vacation somewhere on a beach. I'm pretty sure that both collections can be found in store, or at least on The Body Shop website.


       I also used up a travel size Glazed Apple body shower while I was in Paris at the beginning of the month, which is a Christmas exclusive and smells divine (like the name says it smells like apples). Finally, I finished the Tea Tree facial wash that you can see I had for a long time because they have now changed the packaging. I can't use it everyday because it can really dry out my skin but I'm always going back to it when I'm breaking out. The smell is kind of potent but I don't think it smells bad or anything, plus you're washing it off so I don't really mind.



           My addiction to minis continues, fueled by brands sales-assistants and their samples. I won't go into détails because they are so small that you can only have a couple uses out of them. I want to mention the Dr Brand PoreDermabrasion which is chemical exfoliant that I really enjoyed, I could see some results like my skin was clearer and my skin wasn't as oily as usual. I'm thinking about buying the full size of this product but I need to go through some of my other stuff first. The Clarins samples were all nice but, as I said before, you can only use them a couple of times so not enough time to really test out the products. Then, the Benefit Cosmetics Boo Boo Zap is a local treatment for your zits or to soothe any kind of irritation. I haven't notice real improvements in my skin when I used it, when I could feel a new pimple coming, but when it's already out you can see that it dries out the area... I probably won't buy it again because I feel like there are other treatments that can work better and faster to be honest but if you only have the occasional zit it can be a good product.

 

           As for make up, my trusty Maybelline The Rocket Volum'Express has completely dried out. I don't think I need to mention it again since I already mention that mascara on multiple occasions but it's definetely my favourite mascara from the drugstore. I also totally used up my Marc Jacob's Brow Wow eyebrow pencil in medium Brown. I'm using the Anastasia Beverly Hills one at the moment but it's only because I couldn't find it when I needed it. I love it because it has a really small pencil lead so you can build up your eyebrow however you want, and it has a spooly on the other side so it's easy to travel with. 
        Finally, I decided to get rid of some products that were to old to pass on but that I didn't ever reach for. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that but the Too Faced Shadow Insurance was really oily: every time I went to use it I felt like more oil than product came out of the tube even though I massaged it beforehand. Since I have combination skin, my eyelids produce oil so I need to be certain my eye makeup will hold up well if I'm out all day or night. Then, I decided to part ways with my Bareminerals BareSkin Perfecting Veil that I bought two years ago for a wedding. I initially bought it to touch up my make up but I never really reached for it after that wedding...

       If you have any recommandations of products that you used up that you absolutely love and purchase time and time again, feel free to tell me!

                                                                                                                                           XX,
                                                                                                                                             Candice

Commentaires