Short trip to Paris






       I love Paris. I love the history, the architecture, the touristy stuff. But I'll be honest with you, I can't stand it for more than 4-5 days at a time... I'm a city girl but Paris is next level for me. Mostly because there's too much people (I'm not agoraphobic but I find it very stressful to be surrounded by too many people) and too much pollution. I'm an history geek though so let me loose in Versailles or the Louvres and you lost me for the day!




     Last year, one of my best friends moved out of our hometown to go live in Paris because of her job. She does not live in the center of the city but it's close enough that we can be at Notre Dame de Paris in 30 minutes. Every time I visit my friends, we go explore more of the city and it's really nice to do more and more each time. Sometimes I'm on my own because they work full time so we reunited in the evenings to do something together (usually a concert).





        The first time I went to visit my friends they also took me for my first time at Disneyland. It was also good timing because it was during Halloween season. When I was a kid, we didn't really watch Disney movies so I'm not really on top of things when it comes to Disney references. But I definitely can enjoy the worlds that have been created throughout each movie and the rides are pretty nice for the ones that I could take. The Rock'n Roller Coaster and the Big Thunder Mountain are my favourite rides! We came back just before the park 25th anniversary but it was packed so we didn't enjoy as much rides as we did the first time. It's okay though, we still enjoyed the day together.





      Built in 1163, in the same vein as Saint-Denis, Notre-Dame cathedral has been the center of Paris for many centuries. You can find it on "l'île de la cité" to enjoy the gothic architecture and a beautiful view of Paris if you're brave enough to climb the 402 steps up the Arrow. There's also a museum inside the cathedral if you want to know more about it. My favourite thing about this building is probably the stained glass. They're really beautiful even though you can't always see all the détails because of how high some of them are.









        On one of the days I was on my own, I decided to go visit Les Invalides. This monument was built on Louis XIV's order to shelter disabled soldiers of the crown. Today, it's as much a monument in the sense that it's Napoleon's crypt, as it is a museum. You can see several différents expositions ranging from the 1400s to the Second World War.





        I also just love to walk around the city, just to enjoy the buildings and the views I can stumble on. After visiting Les Invalides, I had to meet my friend at L'Olympia for a concert so I decided to walk there. I had no idea where I was and where I was going so I just whipped out the GPS on my phone and followed the directions. The sun was going down and Paris was beautiful...



















         The last time I went to Paris I really, really wanted to go to Versailles and visit the palace! I was on my own as well that day so I just research the way I could go without having to take an uber or a taxi. It took me around two hours to arrive to my destination but there were problems on the RER C line so it usually doesn't take that much time apparently. This place is so full of History and histories I was in Heaven! The ceilings are beautifully painted/decorated and the gardens are simply amazing. If you have only one day in Paris, skip the Louvres or the Eiffel Tower (except if you really want to go on the top of it), I strongly recommend you to go visit Versailles. It's just stunning... 

          Hope you enjoy visiting bits of Paris with me

                                                                                                                                  XX,
                                                                                                                                    Candice

Commentaires