What's in my travel skincare bag?



        As I said in my previous blogpost, most on my recent trips to Paris have been short ones. The last time I went to the big city, I've only stayed a couple of nights at my friends' house so all my minis came in handy as I didn't want to bring a lot of stuff with me. In those instances, I just take a carry on so I like to keep my make up and skincare bag to a minimum. Today I want to talk to you about what I brought with me in my skincare bag...






          First of all, a few months back I bought some Biotherm mini sized products as I wanted to test out more products from that brand. I finally had the opportunity to use them for this very short trip and I really liked them. The first product I used is the Fresh foam hydra-toning cleanser for normal to combination skin which is a really nice cleanser that didn't dry out my skin like a lot of cleanser made for combination skin do.
      Next I used the Biosource toning lotion to be sure my skin was fresh in the morning and that I got rid of everything that can accumulate on the skin during the night. Like the cleanser it's meant to be hydrating and I like the fresh smell of it.
     After that, I put on my eye cream which is the Embryolisse Radiant Eye - artist secret. I love this eye cream, first because of the stick form meaning that you don't have to put your finger in anything, and second because it really has that cooling effect that feels absolutely amazing whenever you put it.
     Finally, for serum I used my Lancôme Advanced Généfique. After my serum, if I'm gonna put on make up I usually don't over moisturiser because I already have a combination/oily skin and I used the Bareminerals tinted gel cream...






         In the evenings, I like to take my make up off with a cleansing balm. The Take the day off cleansing balm from Clinique is gorgeous: it's thick and it skins really fast into your skin so you don't have to rub it in forever. I have it in the mini version so I can always travel with it wherever I go.
     To be sure I removed all of my make up, I like to use a micellar water. The one I used when I was in Paris is from Qiriness which is nice but the mini version of the bottle is absolutely awful to get the product out unfortunately.
    I didn't bring a cream specifically for night treatment so I put on the one from Biotherm Aquasource range which is a 48H continuous release hydration. I don't know if it's effective for 48 hours straight but it did a good job for the night.






         For the rest of my body, I kept in really simple. I love The Body Shop products so I always have mini versions of their products in my travel essentials drawer. This time I took the olive sented one that I find is a very appropriate choice for the Spring/Summer weather. To moisturise though I wanted to test out this Melvita body milk I got in a Christmas bobble during the holydays.
     For my hair, I decided to bring a solid shampoo from Lush and a detangler spray that I received in one of my Birchbox. Nothing extraordinaire, they both work well and they smell pretty good. I like the shampoo because it's an hydrating one and since I recently had my hair coloured blond I found that it doesn't damage them as well as keep them the right colour.

          Do you have any favourites that you always bring with you wherever you go, for short trips or longer ones?

                                                                                                                                       XX,
                                                                                                                                         Candice

Commentaires