July favourites



          Monthly favourites are probably one of my favourite kind of video to watch on Youtube. It allows everyone to have a peek inside beauty gurus cupboards: what they liked that month, if you have the same type of skin, the same taste or just want to try something new, it's the perfect occasion to have some sort of opinion on a product without trusting blindly the advert for it. Since I don't post Youtube videos, I don't want to bore you with an endless list of products but I thought I could do a round up of my top 5-6 products I really enjoyed this month.




          The first product I want to talk about is the Pure-fect skin from Biotherm. It's a micro-exfoliating purifying toner for normal to oily sking. I was on the look-out for something to replace my Skin Rescue Blemish Patrol pads from First Aid Beauty that I bought when I was in the States last year, so I picked up this toner during the Séphora sales at the beginning of the month. As the FAB pads, this lotion is made for imperfection-prone skin so I thought that it could be a good alternative. Plus, there's a lot more product in this bottle than in the tube of pads so it was a win-win. It's also paraben free for those of you who have an allergy/problem with it. I really enjoy this new product because it doesn't sting like some other exfoliating toner can be, it smells fresh like citrus, and I've seen visible change in my skin since using it. It looks and feels smoother, it didn't break me out and the blemishes I had disappeared pretty quickly.




       To stay on the skincare theme, I absolutely love the lastest product from Vichy, Mineral 89. As the name says, it's a fortifying and plumping daily booster. I apply it right after my toning lotion, as a serum, just before my day/night cream. It looks like a gel when you pump it out but it disolves quickly into "water" when you apply the product. It feels so hydrating and so refreshing, I can't get enough of it! You don't need a ton of product, I usually use one pump or two max, depends on how my skin feels, for it to feel good and hydrating. 89% of the product is mineralizing thermal water and hyaluronic acid. There's no fragrance, no oil and it's perfect for sensitive skin.




            It's not the first time I mention sun protection on my blog, I don't go out without it especially during the Summer months. This one is the SPF 50+ from La Roche-Posay's Anthelios range. I love this one because it's tinted so even though it will not give you a good coverage, it does even out your skin pretty nicely. When I have to go out and it's boiling hot outside, I just put this on my skin with a little bit of brow gel and some mascara, and I'm done. Since it's tinted though, you can't really reapply it so if I need a top-up I use the mist from the same range. I would not put on this particular sunscreen if I'm going to the beach but if you're in the city it's perfect.




        I already mentionned this perfum in my perfum collection blog post but, as you've seen, I have a lot of different perfum that I switch around on a daily basis. This month though I used Thé des Vignes from Caudalie pretty consistently. I don't think I used something else actually. I like to layer it with Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate from Hermès because of the fruity-citrus scent (it smells exactly like rhubarbe, it's delicious) but I also love to wear it on its own. The trick with perfum is to spray it a bit on your neck if you want but mostly on your clothes since the fabric of them will keep the scent on longer than your own skin can. 





            The final two items that I wanted to mention in my July favourites are the new Matte Shakers from Lancôme and EyelurexFleurDeForce brow tamer. For the lipsticks, I have the colours Beige Vintage and Energy Peach which are both nudy colours that gives a juicy look to your lips without being to much. They dry matte so you need to scrub your lips before applying that kind of lipstick but you need to reapply them quite often just like the juicy shakers. I don't mind that though because they're so cute and little, you can throw them in your handbag and reapply as much as you want. For my brow, I usually use a pencil but lately I don't want to bother with that so I only use Fleur DeForce's eye brow gel in medium which is fantastic. The coloured-end is perfect to give your some colour and definition to your brows if you don't want to spend 10 minutes with your pencil. On the other end of the product you can find a clear brow gel which is also great if you have spend 10 minutes on your brows!

          Do you have a favourite product this month? What are your favourite skincare items?

                                                                                                               Thanks for reading,
                                                                                                                                        Candice 

Commentaires