Sunday's pamper routine



       Sunday is most definitely my favourite day of the week! I can oversleep without stressing about work, or everything I have to do that day or my to do list of the week. And I'm not feeling guilty if I stay in my PJ's all day. It's the best day of the week to be honest. I usually spend my Sundays reading, baking, taking a bath or in my bed watching a movie or my TV series of the moment.




        My favourite way to really relax and to unwind is by taking a nice, long hot bath. Like everyone else I like bubbles in my bath but I also love to sprinkle epsom salt which helps relax your muscle after a long day/week. Mine are from Westlab, I order them on Boots international website, but a lot of different brands do them as well. Before entering the bathtub I always put on a mask, wether it be for hydration, to brighten or to deeply cleanse my pores, it's the perfect time to put something on your face without thinking about it or it being in the way. My favourite mask to put on while in the bath is the Origins active charcoal mask.






           While in the bath, I also like to read. I'm an history geek so most of the time I'll be reading a book about an historic period or a biography like this book which is all about Princesse Palatine's letters (Monsieur's second wife, Louis XIV sister-in-law). I'm also into biographies in general so Amy Poehler's book has been on my TBR list for a very long time. While I read, I love listening to relaxing sound, my favourite one is the sound of the sea. I find it deeply relaxing and, although I'm not the king of girl that can sit on a beach for hours, I love the sound of the crashing waves. I have a whole playlist on YouTube for that kind of videos.




         After my bath, I'm most likely going to bed so it's the time where I slather myself in all things moisturising. First up is the Piñita Colada fresh body sorbet from The Body Shop. It smells of Summer and Piña Colada, it's fantastic! I have several back up of this product since it's only out during the Summer months. Then I put on my foot cream which is the soothing repairing balm by La Roche-Posay. It's not specifically dedicated to your foot care but since I have pretty dry skin in this area I like to pack it on. After washing my hands one last time before bed, I put on my hand cream from Clarins. Like the body sorbet, it smells really fresh (fig leaf) and it's perfect for Summer. Finally, I spray myself with a face mist full of essential oils and all that good stuff, and put on some lip balm: I'm finishing up the "In-flight refreshing facial mist" from Kiehl's that I bought last year in the Airport just before my flight to Chicago, and Nuxe Rêve de miel has a nice texture, a bit thick, perfect for night time. That's about it!

        I'll do another post about my evening skincare routine if you're interested but you get the gist.

Commentaires