My current skincare routine: the Summer edition



           The problem when you're a beauty lover and a blogger is that you always have so much skincare to use or that you want to use that you often don't know what to choose. I try to use the same products for a good amount of time to know if I like it and if it suits my skin but I always want to try something new to be honest. I've been good these past couple of months though, I used mostly the same products for my evening skincare routine. In the Summer, I like to use lighter products since my skin is already producing oil all on its own but I need them to still be hydrating and not strip my skin.





         When I don't wear makeup, meaning most days, my skincare routine is pretty simple. First, I wash my face with Peter Thomas Roth's Rose Stem Cell cleansing gel to clear my skin of any impurities and dirt that build up throughout the day. It's made from five differents rose plant stem cell blended with four rose extracts and glycolic acid which is supposed to help your skin's vitality and hydration. It's smell really nice but it's not overpowering. Even though, you're gonna wash it off your face in 3 minutes so the smell doesn't really matter.

         After that, I like to apply some sort of toner to really clear the skin. In the evening, I like to use the Pure-fect Skin Lotion from Biotherm. It's a micro-exfoliating purifying toner that you can apply in the morning and in the evening to help clear your skin of any pimples and to help matify it. It's aimed at people with normal to oily skin since there is zinc in it so it can be drying on more sensitive skin. I've already talked about it in several of my blog post so I won't elaborate any more but I still really love it.  





            
            To help with the hydration, even though I just applied a micro-exfoliating lotion, I like to spray a good amount of the Coconut Milky Mist from Too Cool For School. It smells delicious and it's formulated with pure Brazilian coconut water as the name would suggest and milk proteins so it's fabulous for hydration. You can spray it whenever you want, as much as you want, and you also can spray it over makeup since it has a really fine mist.

           After that, I'll go in with my serum. I love the Midnight Recovery Concentrate from Kiehl's which is an overnight serum formulated with ingrédients such as lavender oil and evening primrose oil. The smell of lavender can help you sleep as well. You only have to take a few drops and then pat it onto your skin before your moisturiser. Putting this at night is the best way to use it because it's the only time that your skin is sleeping so it's the only time your skin will be able to absorb the product without the daily aggression of makeup and pollution. Lavender oil also helps with irritated skin so when my skin freaks out I feel like it's really helping.


  

             Finally, I finish my evening skincare routine by applying my eye cream night-cream. For my eye cream, I'm still loving the Embryolisse Radiant Eye cooling stick. As for my night cream, I've been testing out the Hydra Bomb range from Garnier for the last three months and I can say that I really enjoy it. The night cream is made from the same ingredients than the day one, packed with hydration thanks to Hyaluronic Acid, vitamin C and E, Goji berries and Pomegranate. The things I love about it is the smell and the fact that it's really light so you don't feel it after you've applied the cream.

          What are your favourite products to use in the evening?

                                                                                                                       Thanks for reading,
                                                                                                                                                 Candice

Commentaires