New in and testing out products



          I've been buying and testing out a lot of products lately and I already talked about some of them but I wanted to make some kind of a haul post so, here it is... The first thing I go to when I enter a Sephora is always the skincare aisle. I know that I have only one face and one body, as my mother always reminds me, but I can't help myself and I love to test out new products. This is probably why I love travel size packaging, it feels like I pay less for an expensive product so I can buy more and use them entirely. It's just an illusion if you're honest with yourself because in most cases the travel size is more expensive than the full version of a product! I know that the majority of those products are not necessarily new on the market but they are new to me and/or my collection...





          For body care I love Clarins' products, I've been buying skincare from them for a long time now and I've never been disappointed. This time I went for a travel size trio with the Moisture-Rich body lotion, the Exfoliating body scrub and the Tonic Bath & Shower Concentrate. I wanted to test the body lotion since I saw a couple of my favourite youtubers talked about it in several of their videos. In the body lotion you can find shea butter and marshmallow extracts as well as hemp extracts and almond extracts that are good for hydration. There's also apple seeds oil to help hydrate and protect the skin, and a mix of essential oils to soothe the skin. It's an ideal products when come the winter months. Clarins' exfoliating cream will help you to get rid of dead cells and rough skin by massaging the product onto damp skin. The main ingredients are natural bamboo powder to soften and exfoliate the skin, moringa extract to help purify and release toxins, liquorice extracts and shea to help soften and protect the skin. Clarin's Tonic is a product that you can put in the water when you're taking a bath to help you relax thanks to all the different essential oils that are in it like arnica, hamamelis and mint.  
        The other two products are from brand that I've never heard of before. The first one is an hydrating coconut mask from the brand Skinfood. Like a lot of masks, you apply it in thin layers and let it sit for about 20 minutes before taking it off. I haven't tried it yet so I'll keep you posted but if you have I'll be happy to read your thoughts about it. It's made with coconut extracts to help sooth and firm the skin. The last product is a mist from the brand Too Cool for School which is also made with coconut water. I love it because I can feel it hydrating my skin and you can spray it whenever you want, how many times you want and it smells amazing.





         The next two products are basically the same as milky coconut mist from before. Urban Decay's quick fix mist is a coconut water and B5 vitamin based facial spray that you can apply before putting on makeup or just to hydrate your skin throughout the day. I don't advise to spray this mist if you have a lot of makeup on but it's a really nice mist that helps hydrate and refresh the skin. Same thing for Avène face mist which is made with thermal spring water to sooth irritated skin. I already talked about Biotherm's Pure-fect skin, which is a micro-exfoliating toner, in my previous post if you want to know more about it.
         I finally caved and bought the Brazilian Bum Bum cream from Sol de Janeiro. It's a product that has been hyped since the beginning of the year by every big beauty youtuber. It's formulated with guaranà which contains five times the dose of caffeine that you can find in coffee so it helps to boost energy and smooth the skin, cupuaçu butter to lock moisture and repare skin's elasticity, açai and coconut oil. You have to be careful as to when you decide to apply it though because there's a slight shimmer in the product so it's kind of lost if you apply it before bed. I love the smell though!






          Finally, I also bought a load of makeup during the last couple of months. As previously mentionned I bought a tinted eyebrow gel wand, the Brow Tamer in medium from the collaboration between Eyelure and Fleur De Force which I find amazing. One side is clear and the other has the colour so it's an easy product to apply on your lazy days as well as the more "put together" days. I can't wait for the pencil to come out now to be honest. I wanted to test out a new concealer since I'm almost running out of my trusty Collection one so I went for the Naked Skin weightless complete coverage concealer (warm neutral) from Urban Decay since I heard so much about it, in good and in bad. A little bit goes a long way so you don't need to do the classic triangle shape when you apply it, just a few dots are good enough. I like it for a more put together look but I think it's a bit thick so it's definetely not my first choice during those hot Summer months.
        In a previous post I did a review of the juicy and matte shakers from Lancôme since I love them so much I went and bought another shade in the Summer sales. I also bought the Glow on the Go kit from Becca Cosmectics with a liquid and a powder highlighter in the shade Opal. The powder is beautiful and I really like to use the liquid highlighter when I don't have to much makeup going on and when it's really hot out. I also find that buying the big version of an highlighter is kind of a waste of money because you never really finish that kind of product.
      Finally, I can't put my hands on Clarins' Liquid Bronze Self Tanning lotion so I decided to try one from Sampar. The Golden Glow is a tinted moisturizing cream that warms the skin tone and reveal a glow day after day without self-tanners. I like it but be aware that if you only put that and nothing else after, like tinted moisturiser, it kind of shows the texture on your skin. It says that it's a tinted cream but it's not really thick and it does not gives you any sort of coverage so I always put on some kind of base after that.

        What are your latest purchases? What would you like to buy in the future?

                                                                                                                      Thanks for reading,
                                                                                                                                            Candice

Commentaires