What's in my travel make up bag?



            I've been on a little holiday for the past four days with some of my closest friends and it was glorious! If you want to see more of what we did, I posted some pictures on my Instagram account. We went to the South of France, near Montpellier, so we spent a good amount of time at the beach and makeup was not a priority. But I knew we would go clubbing one night so I decided to bring a little makeup bag with me.





           Before applying anything, I went in with some moisturiser and I doused myself in Coconut water priming spray (Quick Fix from Urban Decay) to hydrate my skin after being in the sun all day. For my base, I prep'ed my skin with the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing primer before applying a mix of the Naked Skin Hybrid Complexion Perfector in light and the L'Oréal Infaillible 24H Mat foundation in beige rosé. I like to mix those two because I'm in between shade at the moment and I feel like I'm a little bit less oily if I add the Infaillible foundation (but it could definitely just be in my head). I know some of you like to put on your concealer before applying your foundation but I prefer the other way around. My favourite concealer is the Collection Lasting Perfection in the shade fair.

         After applying my foundation, I always put on my eye primer to let it sink a little bit before going in with my eyeshadows. My holy grail product is the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I tried other primers but I've never been satisfied with the results so I always come back to it. While it absorbs, I do my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in the shade medium brown. I love that pencil because of the very thin end, you can really shape your brows however you want it. I'm a bit gutted though because the spooly end is broken, I don't know what happened because the cap was on it! I hear that it happens a lot with this pencil apparently but it's really a shame because this pencil is not cheap... I set everything with my EyelurexFleurDeForce Brow Tamer, I used the clear gel end. Still in love with this product.  





              For my eyeshadow, I wanted something pretty small to make things easier to travel with but that could also be a little versatile. I've never had NYX makeup before, except for one lipgloss, and I really wanted to test this one out so I ordered the Lingerie palette from ASOS. I loved it! It's really smooth and the shadows apply really easily. The blendability is pretty nice too so I didn't spent hours blending everything together, and the colors are beautiful. To give me a little more definition, I put  the black Makeup Forever Artist Liner in my water line and close to my eyelashes. I finished my eye look with some mascara, one of my favourite is the Benefit Cosmetics They're Real mascara. The round spiky head is a bit scary but it really gives you volume without clumping your eyelashes.




            Finally, I put on some bronzer to warm my face a little bit. Even if I was in the sun all day and I got sunburned (I applied my suncream at least every few hours and it's 50+, I don't know what happened), I put on sunscreen and a hat so my face will always be in the shade so my face is a lot lighter than the rest of my body. This time I decided to take the Too Faced Chocolate bronzer with me. I like this one but you have to really work it into the skin otherwise it would look a bit orangey. I'm not bothered by the smell but be aware that it smells pretty strong. After a while I just forget about it or it just stop to smell like chocolate candy.

           The last thing I put on my face is a bit of blush. I love the Too Faced Love Flush in "How deep is your love?" because they're smooth, not too powdery, and they're have a bit of a shimmer. I have a few of them in travel size version, I always bring them with me on my trips. For lips, I had a few options but in the end I decided on the Clinique Chubby stick in Two ton tomato which is a buttery tinted lip balm that is great when you have dry lips but you still want a bit of color. I finish off my makeup with some makeup setting spray. I brought the Makeup Forever Mist & Fix because it's a travel size and I want to finish it but I'm not a huge fan. I think it's the smell, the smell is pretty strong and kind of bad so I really want to finish it off even though it does the job.

          What's your favourite make up product that you always bring with you on holiday?

                                                                                                                        Thanks for reading,
                                                                                                                                         xx Candice

Commentaires